Having hot water is a modern-day convenience and it is essential for maintaining the comfort in your home. From washing dishes to showering, you use hot water every single day – especially throughout the long Idaho winters. It can be quite inconvenient when you go to turn on your water and it never heats up. Not being able to complete your tasks and use the comfort that comes with hot water is something that no one wants to deal with, but water heaters will malfunction and need repairs from time to time. When your water heater malfunctions, don’t ignore these issues. They may be signs of a problem that can get worse, as well as have an impact on your monthly water bill. Professional water heater repair services can greatly benefit your home in a cost-effective and productive way so that you can get back to enjoying that hot water today and for the years to come.
My Water Heater Is Not Working – Why?
There are a number of reasons why your water heater might not be working properly. Your home will either have a gas and electric water heater. Each type has their own unique set up and different issues that they can run into that causes you to lose the hot water that allows you to effectively function around the house.
Electric Water Heater
If you have an electric heater and it stops working, it could mean that either your top or bottom element has failed which causes the temperature to drop. The elements will need to be replaced by draining out the water. This process can be complicated and potentially dangerous so seeking professional assistance from the local Idaho Falls Water Heater professionals at DR Heating and Plumbing will be the safest way to ensure that the repairs are done properly. If it is not an element issue, it could be that your thermostat, which regulates the temperature of the heating elements, has broken and will need to be replaced.
Gas Water Heater
If your gas water heater has stopped working, there is a good chance that your pilot light went out. Your water heater’s main burner is lit by your pilot light, so when it goes out, you’ll need to reset it. If you have any questions about, or issues with, your pilot light or relighting it, don’t hesitate to reach out to the plumbers at DR Heating and Plumbing.
The Benefits of Experienced Idaho Falls Water Heater Repair
You expect your water heater to be consistent and reliable throughout the duration of the time in your home. In order to ensure the quality performance that you are looking for in a water heater, professional maintenance and repair work is necessary. Bringing in plumbing experts with years of experience dealing with all sorts of problems will make sure that your water heater works to the best of its abilities and provides you with the necessary comfort and convenience you are looking for. Aside from being able to work properly, water heater repairs by experienced professionals can also bring benefits such as:
- Assisting in lowering your water and electric bills – When your water heater is not maintained or it is functioning improperly, it will work harder to achieve the goal of giving you hot water. This spikes your electric bill and can rack up your water bill as you wait with the water running to get it warm. Regular maintenance and repair can help you save on these bills.
- Clean and consistent hot water – A water heater in need of repairs won’t maintain the right temperatures for very long causing uncomfortable experiences as the temperatures fluctuate. Build-up around your water heater can also leak into the tank causing dirty water to come out of the tap as well. Water heater repair services can help make sure that your heater is taken care of, so you don’t run into inconvenient temperature fluctuations or dirty and unsafe water.
- Peace and gratification – There are safety issues and time-consuming factors that play a role in water heater repair if not handled by an experienced professional. These experts can competently and safely handle these repairs so you don’t have to worry about it, and you can be satisfied by the results.
Signs Your Idaho Falls Water Heater Needs Repair
Whether your Idaho Falls water heater is working or not, there are some other signs that there is repair work needing to be done. These signs can lead into other, more serious, problems if not looked into and taken care of. One of the more often overlooked systems in your home is the water heater but it is important to check up on them regularly and have them maintained consistently. Some signs that your water heater is due for some repairs can include:
- Water leaking out of the water heater
- Strange gurgling or sizzling sounds coming from your water heater
- Changes in water color or smell due to bacteria buildup
- Slow water flow from your tap
- Fluctuating in water temperatures
These are all warning signs that indicate there is a problem with the water heater and it should be looked at by professional plumbers. Recognizing these signs will help you to know when it is time to have the experts come take a look.
About DR Heating and Plumbing
We know how inconvenient and stressful it can be not having hot water. Our team at DR Heating and Plumbing wants to get your water repaired as quickly as possible with our same day to next day service that we offer. It is important to have your Idaho Falls water heater looked at sooner than later so these problems don’t evolve into bigger issues down the road. DR Heating and Plumbing is a family owned and operated business that has been serving Idaho Falls and East Idaho since 1996. It is our goal to provide the highest quality of service to the homeowners we interact with in assisting with repairing their home. We are licensed, bonded, insured and passionate about making sure that you have hot water running all year round. Don’t let your water heater get worse and have the cold water inconvenience you. Make sure to contact our team at DR Heating and Plumbing today!